Call for papers
The 7th Conference of the European Association of Chinese Linguistics (EACL-7)
Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, Italy – September 13-15, 2011
The Seventh Conference of the European Association of Chinese Linguistics will be held on September 13, 14, 15, 2011, at Ca’ Foscari University in Venice, Italy. The conference is hosted by the Department of East Asian Studies and the Department of Language Sciences at Ca’ Foscari University. Registration is on September 12, 2011.
The organization committee of EACL-7 cordially invites abstracts for 20-minute talks (plus a 10-minute discussion) in all areas of Chinese linguistics. Abstracts in the field of Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language will not be considered. Abstracts may also be submitted for the two panels outlined below.
Each person may submit no more than one single-authored abstract in addition to one joint-authored abstract. The requirements for the submission are given below:
1) The abstract should be no more than one A4 or letter-size page in length. For English: Times New Roman font, size 12 pt (single space). For Chinese: Songti font 宋体, size ‘small 4’.
2) Please indicate the topic on the upper corner of your abstract (e.g. phonetics, phonology, lexicology, morphology, syntax, semantics, discourse/pragmatics, Chinese traditional phonology and philology, historical syntax, prosodic syntax, historical comparative linguistics, sociolinguistics, cognitive linguistics, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, language acquisition, syntax-semantics interface, language contact, etc.)
3) Three to five key words must be provided to indicate the framework, topic, language(s), or dialect(s) of your paper.
4) Abstracts must reflect new research.
5) Only EACL members can present papers. To become a member of EACL, please fill in the registration form:
6) For Membership information please click here
7) E-mail 2 copies of the abstract to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org, (a) one abstract in MS Word DOC format which includes the author’s name(s), affiliation(s), and e-mail address(es); and (b) the other abstract in PDF format identified by title only (for anonymous review).
8) The deadline for submission of abstracts is January 30, 2011.
9) Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection can be expected by March 31, 2011.
Special panels:“Classical Chinese” For information, please contact Barbara Meisterernst (ddurkin AT aol.com)
“Chinese and typology” For information, please contact Guglielmo Cinque (cinque AT unive.it)
Confirmed keynote speakers:
C.-T. James Huang (Cambridge, Mass.)
Christine Lamarre (Paris)
Federico Masini (Rome)
Luigi Rizzi (Siena)
Rint Sybesma (Leiden)
Conference languages: English, French, Mandarin Chinese
Registration fees : € 25 for students, € 40 for non-students
Student status will have to be certified.
§ Dr. Magda ABBIATI, local organizer
magda AT unive.it
§ Dr. Linda BADAN, EACL Vice-President and local organizer
linda.badan AT gmail.com
§ Dr. Guglielmo CINQUE, local organizer
cinque AT unive.it