9th International Conference of the European Association of Chinese Linguistics (EACL-9)
September 24-26, 2015
Department of Linguistics
University of Stuttgart/Germany
Niina Ning Zhang (NCCU Chia-Yi)
Barbara Meisterernst (HU Berlin)
EACL–10, Università degli Studi di Milano and Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy – September 28-29, 2018
EACL–9, Department of Linguistics, University of Stuttgart, Germany – September 24-26, 2015
EACL–8, École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, Paris, France – September 26-28, 2013
EACL–7, Department of East Asian Studies and the Department of Language Sciences, Ca’ Foscari UniversityVenice, Italy – September 13-15, 2011
EACL–6, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań Poland – August 26-28, 2009
EACL–5, Institute of Linguistics, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany – September 4-7, 2007
EACL–4, The Research Institute for Linguistics (Hungarian Academy of Sciences) / Department of East Asian Studies, Budapest, Hungary – January 20-22, 2006
EACL–3, Universiteit Ghent , Faculteit Letteren & Wijsbegeerte, Vakgroep Talen en Culturen van Zuid- en Oost-Azie, Ghent, Belgium – September 7-10, 2003
EACL–2, Università degli studi di Roma, ‘La Sapienza’, Cattedra di Lingua e Letteratura Cinese, Rome, Italy – September 6-8, 2000
EACL–1, Centre de Recherches Linguistiques sur l’Asie Orientale – École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, Paris, France, June 10-11, 1999
Jointly organized by Clara Bulfoni (Università degli Studi di Milano) and Giorgio Francesco Arcodia (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca).
Milan, 28th-29th September 2018
Round table: Chinese syntax seen from a “distance”
Prof. Guglielmo Cinque (Università Cà’ Foscari Venezia)
Prof. Maria Teresa Guasti (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
Prof. Luigi Rizzi (Université de Genève/Università di Siena)
Prof. Henk van Riemsdijk (Emeritus, Tilburg University)
Giorgio Francesco Arcodia
Maria Teresa Guasti
Victor Junnan Pan
The 8th EACL Conference was held in Paris on September 26-28, 2013.
You can still access the programme and the Book of abstracts on the conference website: http://eacl8.sciencesconf.org/
EACL 8 (Paris, France)
Call For Papers
The Eighth Conference of the European Association of Chinese Linguistics will be held on September 26-28, 2013, at École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales in Paris, France. Registration will be on Wednesday September 25, 2013.
All presenters must register (and pay registrations fees) to participate in the conference.
Each person my submit no more than one single-authored abstract in addition to one joint-authored abstract.
The requirements for the submission re given below:
1) Please note that if the working language of the conference my be English or Chinese, all abstracts must be submitted in English (for technical reasons).
2) Abstracts must reflect new research.
3) Abstracts will be submitted online, and should not exceed 400 words (including 3 to 5 keywords). They should be followed by the main references up to 5 titles. Be sure not to include any personal information for the sake of the anonymous reviewing process.
Opening of the online submission process : January 20, 2013. Please access the following Conference Website for online submission: http://ecl8.sciencesconf.org/
Deadline for submission of abstracts : February 20, 2013.
Notification of acceptance or rejection : April 20, 2013.
Conference languages : English, Mandarin Chinese
Registration fees : € 35 for students, € 70 for non-students
Confirmed keynote speakers :
CHEN Chao-jung 陳昭容 Academia Sinica, Taiwan
Mark HALE, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
Christoph HARBSMEIER, Oslo University, Norway
Waltraud PAUL, CRLAO-CNRS, Paris, France
Christine Lamarre, EACL President, local organizer
Françoise Bottéro, EACL Vice-President, local organizer
Call for papers
The 7th Conference of the European Association of Chinese Linguistics (EACL-7)
Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, Italy – September 13-15, 2011
The Seventh Conference of the European Association of Chinese Linguistics will be held on September 13, 14, 15, 2011, at Ca’ Foscari University in Venice, Italy. The conference is hosted by the Department of East Asian Studies and the Department of Language Sciences at Ca’ Foscari University. Registration is on September 12, 2011.
The organization committee of EACL-7 cordially invites abstracts for 20-minute talks (plus a 10-minute discussion) in all areas of Chinese linguistics. Abstracts in the field of Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language will not be considered. Abstracts may also be submitted for the two panels outlined below.
Each person may submit no more than one single-authored abstract in addition to one joint-authored abstract. The requirements for the submission are given below:
1) The abstract should be no more than one A4 or letter-size page in length. For English: Times New Roman font, size 12 pt (single space). For Chinese: Songti font 宋体, size ‘small 4’.
2) Please indicate the topic on the upper corner of your abstract (e.g. phonetics, phonology, lexicology, morphology, syntax, semantics, discourse/pragmatics, Chinese traditional phonology and philology, historical syntax, prosodic syntax, historical comparative linguistics, sociolinguistics, cognitive linguistics, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, language acquisition, syntax-semantics interface, language contact, etc.)
3) Three to five key words must be provided to indicate the framework, topic, language(s), or dialect(s) of your paper.
4) Abstracts must reflect new research.
5) Only EACL members can present papers. To become a member of EACL, please fill in the registration form:
6) For Membership information please click here
7) E-mail 2 copies of the abstract to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org, (a) one abstract in MS Word DOC format which includes the author’s name(s), affiliation(s), and e-mail address(es); and (b) the other abstract in PDF format identified by title only (for anonymous review).
8) The deadline for submission of abstracts is January 30, 2011.
9) Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection can be expected by March 31, 2011.
Special panels:“Classical Chinese” For information, please contact Barbara Meisterernst (ddurkin AT aol.com)
“Chinese and typology” For information, please contact Guglielmo Cinque (cinque AT unive.it)
Confirmed keynote speakers:
C.-T. James Huang (Cambridge, Mass.)
Christine Lamarre (Paris)
Federico Masini (Rome)
Luigi Rizzi (Siena)
Rint Sybesma (Leiden)
Conference languages: English, French, Mandarin Chinese
Registration fees : € 25 for students, € 40 for non-students
Student status will have to be certified.
§ Dr. Magda ABBIATI, local organizer
magda AT unive.it
§ Dr. Linda BADAN, EACL Vice-President and local organizer
linda.badan AT gmail.com
§ Dr. Guglielmo CINQUE, local organizer
cinque AT unive.it